M1.6 - Cross Jurisdictional and Societal Aspects of Biometric Implementations
About This Committee
The Task Group on Cross Jurisdictional and Societal Issues addresses study and standardization of technical solutions to societal aspects of biometric implementations. Excluded from the TG's scope is the specification of policies, the limitation of usage, or imposition of non-technical requirements on the implementations of biometric technologies, applications, or systems.
The Terms of Reference for the INCITS/M1.6 Task Group are as follows:
1. Respond to requirements, identify technical, cross jurisdictional and societal aspects of biometric systems, and make recommendations to M1 on establishing liaisons with related organizations.
2. Post documents relevant to its work to the M1 document register.
3. Review and make recommendations to M1 on additional project proposals in the areas of technical best practices, guidance, implementation requirements, biometric profiles, and cross jurisdictional and societal aspects of biometric systems and identify candidate technical editors for these projects.
4. Forward to M1 any drafts that are considered ready for M1 ballot on submittal of dpANS to INCITS. With the guidance of the M1.6 International Representative:
a. serve as the US TAG to SC 37 WG 4 (Working Group on Technical Implementation of Biometric Systems)
b. serve as the US TAG to SC 37 WG 6 (Working Group on Cross-Jurisdictional and Societal Aspects of Biometrics).
6. Develop and submit US NB comments and contributions on cross-jurisdictional and societal aspects of biometric systems projects in SC 37 WG 6.
7. Develop and submit US NB comments and contributions on technical best practices, guidance, implementation requirements and biometric profile projects in SC 37 WG 4.
8. Provide recommendations to INCITS M1 regarding US NB votes on ballots (e.g., NP/CD/DIS/FDIS ballots) on projects in SC 37 WG 4 and SC 37 WG 6.
- Executive Board
INCITS Techncial Committees
- Identification Cards and Related Devices (B10)
- Optical Digital Data Disks (B11)
- Ad Hoc on Cloud Computing Service Level Agreement Project (DAPS38-CCSLA)
- Cloud Computing and Distributed Platforms (CLOUD38)
- Ad Hoc on Cloud Computing Collaborative Team Projects (DAPS38-CCCT)
Cyber Security (CS1)
- Ad Hoc on Application Security (APP-SECURITY)
- Ad Hoc on Critical Infrastructure (CS1-CRITICAL-INFRASTRUCTURE)
- Ad Hoc on Cybersecurity Framework (CYBERSECURITY-FRAMEWORK)
- Ad Hoc on ISIM (ISIM)
- Ad Hoc on Info Assurance Standards & Technology (IAST-SECURITY)
- Ad Hoc on IoT Security and Privacy (IOT-SECURITY)
- Ad Hoc on Secure Cloud Computing (SCC)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (AI)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (AI)
- BigData (BIG-DATA)
- and Electronic Distributed Ledger Technologies (EDLT) (BLOCKCHAIN)
- Data Management and Interchange (DM32)
- Governance of IT (GIT1)
- Computer Graphics & Image Processing (H3)
- IT Sustainability (ITS39)
- Cloud Computing Interoperability and Portability (DAPS38-CCIAP)
- Internet of Things (INTERNET-OF-THINGS)
- Cloud Computing Data Flow (DAPS38-CCDF)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (L1)
- Ad Hoc on Study Group for Future Work (DAPS38-SGFW)
- Character Sets and Internationalization (L2)
- Ad Hoc on Service Oriented Architecture (DAPS38-SOA)
- Coding of Audio, Picture, Multimedia, and Hypermedia Information (L3)
- Biometrics (M1)
- Programming Languages (PL22)
- Software and Systems Engineering (SSE)
- Open Systems (T3)
- SCSI Storage Interfaces (T10)
- Fibre Channel Interfaces (T11)
- ATA Storage Interfaces (T13)
- Text Processing: Office and Publishing (V1)
- Information Technology Access Interfaces (V2)
- Office Equipment (W1)